- Words like manipedi or Vaca! I have no idea why these irritate me so much but they do. "I'm going on a VaCa!". "I am going to the salon for a manipedi..or whatever".
- This leads me to my next peeve. Television shows that give far to much attention to annoying shallow people. I think the Kardashians are a good example and they may even be the ones responsible for the afore mentioned annoying words. What has happened to our society that we find these people so interesting? It scares me to think that teenagers would want to emulate people like those from the Jersey Shores....gawd!
- The Collective WE. We have a client that uses this all the time. When something is his job to do, then he will frame it as the Collective We (make a circley shape with your arm) should all do this thing. What that really means is "we" and not him should do his job.
- Another pet peeve of mine is anonymous douche bagery. When you are playing games people often are foul and nasty. This is mainly because they are anonymous and they have no consequences for their terrible behavior. If you don't have the guts to sign your name to it, then STFU.
- Our company seems incapable of supplying our boardrooms with proper equipment and decent chairs. Every time you go in to do a presentation you play the tree bears game and test out 3 chairs to find one that is only semi broken. Then you wade through the mess of cables with all the mislabeled network connections and hook up the piece of crap portable projector and your laptop that you dragged into the room. It annoys the snot out of me that this huge company is too cheap to mount a freakin projector, setup a computer and not have cables all over the floor to trip over. I guess I am asking too much, after all we are only an IT company.
- And last but not least I was going to rant about traffic lights in Edmonton again, but I have probably mentioned this already a time or two. But I will leave you with this thought....Travel 104 Avenue - From to 104th Street - 124 Street. 14 sets of traffic lights!!! That is 14 sets of lights in 20 blocks!! Really?...really
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Peeves
I have written a post earlier about awesome things. So today for no particular reason I am going to share with you some of my pet peeves. Nothing earth shattering, just some little annoyances that really bug me. Some bug me more than others, and some it may depend on the day (or time of the month ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-Who do you know who says those things, and have you broken their jaw to prevent it from ever happening again? If not...why the Hell not?!
ReplyDelete-Ugh. Jersey frigging Shore.
-Corporate speak needs to burn, as do those who speak it.
-I'm always direct with my scorn. People need to have some pride in their insults!
-Not only 14 lights in 20 blocks, but I bet they aren't in any sort of timed sequence, either.
Timed sequence! That is EXACTLY my point. Then we wonder why traffic is jammed and people frustrated.
ReplyDelete